The International Journal of Communication and Health is a brand new on-line anonymously peer-reviewed journal interested in any aspect related to health communication. The International Journal of Communication and Health is ready to receive manuscripts on all aspects concerning any aspect related to health communication, particularly those of international relevance.
The International Journal of Health and Communication aims to disseminate research on health policy, health labor market, health practice, health communication development of knowledge tools and implementation mechanisms nationally and internationally. The journal encourages debates on health communication sector reforms a hitherto-neglected area.
This Journal invites original empirical (qualitative or quantitative) research, literature reviews, theoretical or methodological contributions, integrative reviews, meta-analyses, comparative or historical studies on the following topics:
- media, health and illness,
– communication, health and illness,
– policy of health communication,
– organizational aspects of health communication,
– culture and health communication,
– health communication in the community,
– health communication in mass media,
– interpersonal health communication,
– media and medical prevention campaigns,
– medical errors in the media, media and medical myths,
– E-health – new technology and health communication
The Journal also invites contributions from all the associated disciplines. It particularly welcomes articles concerning health communication issues in developing countries. Manuscripts examining a wide range of related topics are welcomed.
The International Journal of Communication and Health is a totally free access journal. Readers may read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles without any charge. All submitted papers are reviewed by at least two referees before being accepted for publication. The authors who intend to submit manuscripts to the International Journal of Communication and Health should follow the norms described in the APA manual or see the Call for paper section on the Journal’s website.